Monday, January 8, 2018

Rush Limbaugh Kept Trump Supporters Going

I wanted to mention the role Rush Limbaugh played during the election. The media - including Fox - all said Trump's chances of winning were slim. Talk radio hosts were turning against their own listeners for supporting Trump, but not Rush. The cool thing was, Rush actually knew Trump personally. They golfed together. Even when I believe Rush wanted Ted Cruz to win the Primary, he was always fair to Trump.
Once Trump won the GOP Primary, Rush got behind Trump 110%. When everyone on TV was reciting those polls, those awful polls showing Hillary winning by astronomical numbers, Rush was reading the small print.
He'd explain the polls were skewed, that at least 10% more Democrats were polled than Republicans. (When Wikileaks exposed Podesta's emails, it was revealed that the Democrats were behind the skewed polls). The left was trying to discourage us. They wanted us to give up on Trump.
Rush's show was the only place I could go to get a realistic view of the election. Rush gave us hope. Trump could win. I wasn't chastised for not being "a true conservative" and I wasn't compared to Hitler's Brownshirts. (other radio hosts made those comments).
I didn't care if Trump wasn't as conservative as Ted Cruz. I believed Trump could win and I didn't think Ted could. This wasn't a conservative contest. We needed to keep Hillary out of the White House. That was the goal. The 16 people that ran in the Primary had some good possibilities, but I didn't see anyone else that could beat the Clinton machine.
Rush saw that too and he saw the people were behind Trump. While Megyn Kelly was bashing him and Brett Baier was saying Trump didn't have a chances, Rush said otherwise. For those of us who couldn't go to Trump's rallies, Rush kept us focused and hopeful. And how did that turn out? 

We're going to do it again the midterms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm 57 years old and I am a widow.

I am a widow now. I'm 57 years old and I am a widow. I cannot explain the shock you experience when you find your husband dead. Our ma...