Sunday, June 2, 2019

I'm 57 years old and I am a widow.

I am a widow now. I'm 57 years old and I am a widow.
I cannot explain the shock you experience when you find your husband dead.
Our marriage was far from perfect, but I loved him with all my heart.
I actually toyed with the possibility of divorce. I didn't know what to do anymore.
Nagging, pleading, speaking softly did not work.
I was out of ideas. I loved him, but he didn't seem to care about our future.
My husband always held a job. Always! The Obama economy killed businesses that lasted 75 years. Evatone was one of those businesses. The company kept my husband until the very end.
My husband worked there until they closed their doors forever.
He was one of the last employees they kept.
My husand's self-esteem left when Evatone closed their doors forever.
They kept him until the very end. He helped them clean out their warehousess after 75 years.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry your road has been so hard. You are like sister to me. May God bless and keep you safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this and I want to add my condolences.

    ReplyDelete

I'm 57 years old and I am a widow.

I am a widow now. I'm 57 years old and I am a widow. I cannot explain the shock you experience when you find your husband dead. Our ma...