Monday, March 3, 2014

Double Standards for Ukraine

Before I get on my soapbox, I don't want us to go to war. I just want to point out how our leadership is full of it. Remember when Hillary and Obama were so enamored with the "Arab Spring"? The people of Libya wanted democracy. Obama and Hillary wanted so bad to get involved where we didn't belong. Under the name of NATO, we sent our precious pilots for air strikes and Libya's shore was protected by our military.
All for the "Arab Spring", for "Democracy".
And how did that work out for us? (Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi)

Obama even pledged to help Libya's government in the future:
"Libya will travel a long and winding road to full democracy...“But the United States is committed to the Libyan people. You have won your revolution. And now we will be a partner as you forge a future that provides dignity, freedom, and opportunity.”

(Hey, I don't think "long and winding road" was Obama's. I've heard that somewhere before. Hmmm.)

Now Russia has occupied Ukraine. I have questions. Does Ukraine deserve democracy too? Is the Ukraine less important than Libya? Didn't we promise the Ukraine we would stand by them if they gave up their Nukes? I realize at over $17 Trillion in debt, we are in no position to play police for the world anymore. We are war-weary.

My point is, we had no business getting involved in Libya's revolution. Our self-important leadership involved us in a war that was not ours to fight. Libya was not our struggle.
You don't help one country in the name of Democracy because you can't help everyone.

(Oh and by the way, those airstrikes on Libya belong to Hillary.
She fought for them. Let's remember that.)


http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/03/20/libya-airstrikes-hillary-clinton-and-the-women-who-called-for-war.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm 57 years old and I am a widow.

I am a widow now. I'm 57 years old and I am a widow. I cannot explain the shock you experience when you find your husband dead. Our ma...